Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Mod Squad Challenge for January

As we start out a new fun filled year of challenges for you, we also have a new web site.  It was as scary to me at first, but I hope I can still inspire you with my cards.
My Challenge at the Mod Squad this week is to use Sequins, Rhinestones or Glitter.  Really anything that sparkles.   

When you are reading this, I should have left the  cold and snow in Wisconsin and am now in sunny Florida. but I was inspired by the gorgeous Chickadee in Barberry digital stamp by Marcella from Power Poppy. 
This is a great setting with the snow on the branches of the tree.

Here is the card that I did for this challenge
Isn't this chickadee sweet? He is  colored with copics and I added some glitter and glossy accents on the berries, and a red foil Hello. 
This is a better view so that you can see the texture and glossy berries.
Lets see what you can do for this challenge.  You always come up with some great ideas and you inspire me!  Thanks for coming by for a closer look and for brightening my day with your comments.

7 comments:

  1. What a darling little chickadee! Love your pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous and a perfect winter, but not Christmas card. Love the die cut that you used to frame that wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful winter scene on the card. Great coloring and perfect for this time of year. Have a great time in Florida too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really, really LOVE that image and have had my eye on it for quite some time now. You have inspired me to go over and purchase it, you enabler, you!!! I love this sweet card....the simple but elegant die cut as a backdrop, and the black for the card base just make those red berries and greeting pop! Gorgeous coloring too.....I adore this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is absolutely without a doubt the most sweetest! I think you have captured him perfectly in his natural habitat! The colors is precise and looks amazing! He is def next on my wish list! I also love how he is offering a happy hello in this chilly setting! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure how I missed this one! I zoomed in close for a better look and it is colored perfectly!!! One of my favs of yours for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Barb, between blogs and IG, I forget when I've commented on a card. But I love this beautiful card with gorgeous coloring, and what a lovely die! It's so striking against the black, and I love the red "hello." Beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete