Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Mod Squad Challenge for November

I am your host this week at the Mod Squad Challenge.  You may have made a lot of Fall cards, and are now thinking about the Christmas ones that you need.  So here is our challenge. 


GO FOR THE GOLD!

The challenge this week...Just put some gold on your project.  Lots or just a little.  It must be gold.

This Weeks Sponsor is Gina K Designs

http://stamptv.com

A free community featuring card making, stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters featuring stamps by Gina K. Designs.Be sure to check out StampTV for a ton of great videos and techniques. They also have weekly challenges.Shop Gina K Designs

 Prize

A $20 gift certificate for the store at Gina K Designs.


My Cards

 I could not help myself, I love using gold and I made two cards for you. The first card uses the Sending Love kit.  This kit includes sentiments that you can run through a heat embossing machine.  I colored the flowers with a copic marker and the rest is all gold. 
For the second card I went to Black Onyx card stock and stamped with the trees from the Christmas Wishes.  I did some gold embossing around the edges too and added gold twine.  
One birthday card and one Christmas card, all with gold.  


Come on and play along with us.  It is a random winner, so everyone has a chance.  

12 comments:

  1. WOW! This is a fun Challenge AND your cards are stellar! Love all that gold goodness! Your flowers are gorgeous and that golden flourish is glorious! Loving your 2nd card too, cold, snowy winter night and your majestic golden trees dot the landscape! FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your cards. I especially love the gold embossing on the darker card stocks. I always think that is so elegant and I love how you used the stamp pad and embossing powder to make a fun frame too. Those gold trees look like they are all lit up and shining in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are fabulous! I love adding gold

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. MY. GOSH!!!!! Both cards are stunning, but the black and gold.....you have knocked my sox off with that one. It's absolutely breath taking!!! I can't stop looking at it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great name for the challenge and fabulous cards. I agree with Judy my eye was drawn to the gold and black. So very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dropped by Mod Squad and saw these cards and had to come by and say WOW! The gold on black is a show stopper! GREAT work my friend! Then I got a close up of the Birthday card and it's amazing too! The gold is so gold! Great challenge and we'll executed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are lovely, but the gold on the black is stunning! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you get the star effect on the second card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just splatter with white acrylic paint.

      Delete
  9. I like yours card very nice my english is no good i speak Polish have wyery nice Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. What did you use for the Gold is it paint or glitter

    ReplyDelete