Saturday, November 12, 2016

Altenew November Challenge

November 2016 Photo Inspiration Challenge

 
 This will be a quick post today.  I was making Christmas cards and wanted a change of color.  I sure got that with the inspiration photo. I use only three Distressed markers to make my card and layered them to make a darker color.  They are Faded Jeans, Festive Berries, and Mustard Seed.  

Here is the finished card. 

 This is the stamp set Spring Daisy, from Altenew.
I used clear embossing powder on Water colors paper and then water colored the flowers and leaves, with the colors of the inspiration photo.  After drying, I added a border on the side from Penny Black.  There are two different borders in this pack called Border edges and I used them both.  There is one in the inside too. A few sequins form Pretty Pink Posh in 4mm, Marigold.

 I will be entering this card in the November Photo Inspiration Challenge 

Thanks for stopping by to take a closer look, Your comments brighten my day!

 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Barb, this is GORGEOUS! I love how you've used the Photo Inspiration challenge, and I love the beautiful PB border set that I have. Stunning coloring and card! You are amazing! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Love your flowers and you have captured all of those beautiful colors! That die is unbelievably beautiful! On my Christmas Wish List! Oh heck, maybe I'll jus buy it for myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really captured the inspiration photo perfectly with those beautifully colored flowers. I really love everything about this card you created. Awesome work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just adore this card. Your colors are gorgeous!!! I'm such a fan of white embossing and watercolor, and you have done it perfectly. Great take on the challenge, well done. This is getting pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I love that you did the leaves in blue...I think that's what makes this card pop!

      Delete
  5. I am in agreement with Judy..this card is amazing and the blue leaves make it so! I peg this as a winner over at Altenew! Best of luck...you earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! I really need to try this technique. You make it look so easy. Loving the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunner... love it totally...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it looks like I have missed some of your post. Love the blue border and the fabulous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. White heat embossing and then watercoloring is one of my favorite techniques - beautifully done! Thanks for joining in with the Altenew Inspiration Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete