Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Make It Monday #265: Layered Dry Brushing

Lizzy Jones showed a new technique this Monday called Layered Dry Brushing.  I set out to do several of the backgrounds at once.  I love the linen texture look that you get doing the method.  Remember to use a DRY brush.
Here is my Thanksgiving Card

Supplies used:  
Canson XL watercolor paper
Gina K CS in Tomato Soup and Honey Mustard
PTI stamp and die called Give Thanks
White acrylic paint mixed with Tea Dye and Old Paper for the dry brush technique
Glossy accents on the acorn and Bronze sequins
I also distressed the edge of the dry brushed layer. 

I will be entering this card in the Make It Monday Challenge, #265

Thank for brightening my day with your comments. 

7 comments:

  1. Your background came out fabulous (of course my brush was super wet lol) I love the worn warm look you achieved, it looks great for a rustic look, especially topped with your beautiful sentiment, acorns and wheat. This is sooooo FALL....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Thanksgiving Day design. I just love that background. And, the acorns and wheat and the sentiment were the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the look you have here. I can't wait to try that, it looks FABULOUS!!! Your colors are perfect, and the focal is just right. And so are the base colors you used. I MUST try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is wonderful and it's certainly an amazing result in your background, I really must try this technique too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Thanksgiving card. And your brushed bg is so subtle and pretty! Great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the subtle colors you used on your beautiful background. Beautiful Thanksgiving card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely Thanksgiving card. Colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete