Thursday, October 8, 2015

STV Challenge

The STV challenge this week is hosted by my friend and super card maker, Leslie Turner.   It is called, You  have me in stitches.  It is just that,put stitches on your project.
I went back to an old stamp set and just used the simple bird house image from it.  The set is Snow One Like You, by GKD.
 You may have noticed that my cards lately have some gold on them.  This one is no exception.  I put all of my gold supplies in one box and I just can't seem to climb out of that box.  It is my go to for this holiday season, except for maybe using some silver.   
I used GKD Cherry Red cards stock along with her design paper from the Cold Snap pack.  Oval stitched die from Lil' Inker and a spellbinder scalloped oval die.  The image is embossed with gold and colored with copic markers.  I added some gold bling on the corners and on the oval. 

Here is a close up of the bird house.
  I also used a gold pen and when over the stitches with it.
Thanks again for stopping by.  I love to read your comments and it truly makes my day.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Oh it looks like we have been copying off of each other's homework lol Same ideas different themes and sets. Love your red Cardinal and that red plaid background--gorgeous together! Of course I am also partial to birdhouses, this one is great and I love the gold accents! Fantastic, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you have used the gold to emboss the image and then colored it in. One of my favorite techniques, always looks so rich. And I also love that little stamp, I must pull it out and use it again. Your layout is fabulous, and a great take on the challenge. Really sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and using gingham is always a "win win" for me. Love the simple image as it works so well the way you colored it with all the other factors on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red and white gingham and your bird house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, Barbara! I love the soft colouring of the birdhouse and the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great card! Love the touch of gold and the gingham paper!!

    ReplyDelete