Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Make it Monday #195 A La Cart


 

This week at Make It Monday, the challenge to you is to pick one of the weekly videos that you might have missed or did not get a chance to play along with and create a project using that technique or tutorial. I needed a quick birthday card today and this one fit the bill. So easy to do and it lends itself to a masculine card as well. 

 
 
 
This is Nicole Heady's #161 Watercolor Splats.
Here is her card.
 

                                                                      
                                                                  And Here is mine!
I used water color paper by Tim Holtz and his Distressed Ink too.
Then I put dabs of water for the spots.  The greeting is from Wet Paint Stamp set by PTI.
 
I am wrapping up my craft room for the trip to Florida.  It is as much of a cleaning job as it is packing.  I have forgotten most of what I have in my STASH!  So much fun to reminisce, but not very effective when your trying to pack and take only what you may need.  I think I need it all. 
Everyone have a Happy New Year, as you look back over the last year and see what has happened,  and what will come in the new year.   Remember that the new year is a brand new pallet for you to paint/stamp/color on!
Happy New Year!
 

10 comments:

  1. Love your card. Great colors. Are you moving to Florida? Of course you need it ALL. The few things you don't take will be the first thing you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background. Awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your reminder that we must take our passion with us when we travel! Fun birthday card! Love the bright standout sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background. Enjoy Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to YOU my dear. I am so in love with watercolor. I really just think the effects are so awesome. You really have done the medium justice here!! Great colors, and I love the spots. Really super card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh that was a good video and I love your take on the Challenge! So much inspiration to choose from, right? May all good things come to you in this New Year and ALWAYS! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome creation. I love the background you created and great colors too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous masculine card - great colors~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful background Barbara!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your background. I am loving watercolor backgrounds. Have a great trip! The weather is lovely here:-)

    ReplyDelete