Saturday, March 1, 2014

THINKING OF SPRING 2.0 Mod Squad challenge

Here is another Spring card. I am really looking forward to Spring. It snowed again last night, and it is forecast to snow again today and tomorrow. Oh, and let's not forget the drop in temp too. Yipee!
When I was working in the Emergency Room, and a person came in depressed and carried their suitcase with them, (because they were sure they would be admitted), we called it a positive Samsonite sign! Just a little humor, but I am getting there. Help! So I continue to make spring like cards for therapy. It helps!

This is the card that I made for the Mod Squad challenge, Thinking of Spring.


Here is what I used on this card.
GKD heavy base CS in White
Washi tape
Color Shine in chartreuse ( it is a spray on sparkly ink)
GKD layering CS in Fresh asparagus
Classic frames die from Flourishes, and Fancy Tags two (just the scrolls)
Images are from GKD Stampers Favorites
Perfect Pearls for the humming bird
Copics for the flower
Wink of Stella clear
Greeting is from GDK Vogue Vases

I don't think the picture does this justice, as it is much shinier in real life. I really like the Color Shine spray and I went back to buy all of the other that were on sale at HL.

So, keep your chin up, SPRING is coming!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love this card Barbara… Those flowers are beautiful and of course that little hummer is gorgeous… I also like the lay out of your background. Beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Barb, this card is GORGEOUS!!! I have yet to get that hummingbird inky, but you have inspired me here. And I was thinking about him last night too. Love your coloring, you are getting so good at it. And I love your blue flowers, they just pop on that card. Have never heard about the Color Shine, but I think I like it. You have really inspired me, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a beautiful job coloring these images! Love the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the way you colored that gorgeous Hummingbird! Great color choices and love the way you have added that frame at an angle. Pretty flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how clever to top the frame with the flourishes off the tag, now that's thinking out of the box, clever!!! Such a gorgeous card, so rich in color! Yes, I hear ya on the Spring and the snow.....ENOUGH already! I shoveled again this morning, blah! But at least we had the sun, phew!

    ReplyDelete