Thursday, March 20, 2014

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Lucky and Make It Monday #156: 3D Stamp Paint Techniques

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Lucky 

I got this cute little lucky Fairy from Tiddly Inks this week.  After printing her out, as she is a digi, I colored her with copic markers.  Good practice here on hair.  I made her into a tag and just added a bunch of elements.  I worked on this for a few days, adding and adding.  The feather is from PTI and I made the buttons from pony beads that are melted in the oven.  I like how this one turned out. 
 
 
Next is a card that I made for   Make It Monday #156: 3D Stamp Paint Techniques
This one was a little harder, as I did not have the paint that was used, but I mixed up something with the help of You Tube.  I had an embossing folder that was metal and I painted that and then ran it thru the die machine.  I got a raised texture for the background that I liked. 
 
 
 
Then I added a panel that I dry embossed with cane back folder and sponged it.  The paper colors are Sweet Corn and a Green from my stash.  The stamp set is Papertrey Ink Delightful Dahlia Additions.
After stamping the dahlia and fussy cutting it out, I adhered it with foam squares, to that panel.  The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed with black on vellum, and there is a button hiding the glue.  I think I would need to practice more on this technique. 


 
Thanks, as always for stopping and I do appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

  1. My, you have been busy! Love the girly tag....so fancy! Great job on the card too. Love all of the special little details you added....great colors on both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice tag and a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes - you are so inventive. I have been racking my brain trying to come up with something like the 3-D paint. I tried that recipe on the YouTube video that Donna shared, but just hated what I got from it. Is that the one you used? Your card is awesome, love your colors and design. I must try something again - YOU have inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I love your buttons!!! Haha - and I see you got the feathers stamp set - don't ya just love it??? So many possibilities!!! Your little gal is adorable, love your tag!!! Great layout on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, both creations are fabulous. I especially love the beautiful layers and cute image on the tag. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shamrock girl is adorable! Love your tagged card. Great depth!
    And your textured bg on the MIM card is amazing! Beautiful with the framed image on top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic projects Barbara! Love the sweet image with the beautiful butterfly! The blossom on the second is amazing! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay your flower card is GORGEOUS.....but I am loving your lucky shamrock fairy tag, that is FANTASTIC! I love every element you added, it looks awesome. Oh and your enamel brads look fabulous too, love the color. I finally got the right pony beads, baked them, and then tossed a bunch of them, they were so wonky! lol

    ReplyDelete