Friday, February 21, 2014

Gold Cage Silhouette Birthday

The sun is shinning brightly today and I am thinking of spring. So are most of the people in our nation. Even though the temp is 20 today and no promise of getting any warmer this coming week, I'm sticking to SPRING! It is closer now than ever! So I made this one card that I can enter in many challenges this week. Way to go! This is no easy feat, if I say so myself.
Here is my card.

Base is dark pink, layer is lighter pink. Polkadot DP is from Devoted by CartaBella 6X6 pack. I used a stencil that I made on the light pink and sponged with Bubblegum Pink ink from GKD. Wild Roses stamp set from Flourishes and it is colored with Copic markers. The Cage and cameo are a silhouette cut and the cage is embossed with gold. Greeting is from "Hello Sunshine" stamp set, GKD. (see where I am going?) Three little pink hearts with clear Wink of Stella pen.

I am entering this card in these challenges.

Simon Says Monday Challenge, use a cameo http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Mod Squad challenge Blog Go for the Gold http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #259 Latte, Polka Dots http://flourishes.org/category/challenges/timeless-tuesday/
Seize the Birthday, Anything goes, toppings hearts http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/
STV MIUM Shabby Chic


Thanks for stopping by, have a warm sunny day!

12 comments:

  1. Well, look at you go and combine those challenges! I have trouble doing more than two at a time. lol Very pretty card! Love that flourishes stamp and the way you colored it! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you getting all those challenges in. It takes some thinking to get everything flowing together. And, truth be told, since I retired I don't like to think too much. Your card is just darling. Very vintage, shabby chic and also very pretty. And I'm with you, let's think SPRING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and love that gold cage. Your flowers are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Barbara! Thanks for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, not only is your card gorgeous Barbara but getting all the elements needed for all of those challenges is truly amazing! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beauty! As I was commenting on it at STV I was checking off in my head ALL of the Challenges this could be for....sadly I only thought of 3, thank goodness YOU are on the ball! Oh and how you made me laugh at your comment on Judy's Blog.....I think you must have gotten a word a day calendar for Christmas! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love that gold birdcage! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to tell you that I have nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! You can visit my blog for details. http://mycraftyplace281.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in agreement with Sharyn....I have a hard time combining more then two challenges! Great job and wonderful card Barbara...I really like the silhouette and the bird cage! Thanks for linking it up with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful....I am in love with that shimmery birdcage!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! Love the golden cage too! Thanks so much for playing along in the Mod Squad's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet and pretty girly card.
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Seize the Birthday.
    Hugs, Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete