Sunday, July 7, 2013

Today, I am going out of my comfort zone to enter new challenges. I have looked at many and decided that I just needed to give it a try. The first one is for Dynamic Duos. Their challenge is for two colors that remind be of my favorite football team, The Packers. Since I live in Wisconsin, and I own a share of this team, I thought of them, but football does not easily interpret into a card, so I did this one.
The two colors to be used are, Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green. Since I did not have those, I used So Saffron and Wild Wasabi. I Embossed the panel with a swiss dot folder and colored it with the So Saffron. Did the same with the green panel and layered both over black. Used my Big Shot to cut out some swirls and then heat embossed the flowers with clear and colored that back with the Wild Wasabi. Next time, I think that I would use black or white embossing powder. The next challenge is Just Us Girls. 196 This is the first time I have ever tried to do a sketch challenge. Here is the sketch.
This card was a little harder, but I used coordinating paper from Stampin Up. The circles are all embossed with different folders and sponged with different colors. I used dies for the flourishes on the corner and the sentiment. Well, It took a while, but I got it. I think that I maybe doing more of these challenges. A fun accomplishment. Thanks for looking,

8 comments:

  1. Love your take on the JUGS challenge here. I really like that sketch. Looks like fun to do. Your textures are awesome and I love your colors. Well done my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl, so excited to get a comment! You are my best fan!!! Lol
      I did a card with just these circles on the front with all different textures, so this sketch reminder me of that. Not sure about the background papers, just trying to use up some Stampin Up stuff.

      Delete
  2. Barbara...So glad you played along with us at JUGS and I sure hope you do more challenges....your good at them! Love all the different textures and colors on your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy,
      I have been entering a challenge for about 8 months now, but wanted to do more than one per week. There are so many out there, but I choose this one. I had the blog, but this accomplishment of learning how to link is another feather in my cap!

      Delete
  3. GREAT Challenge cards, Barbara! Look at you go! Love your Blog too, and now I am a Follower as well! :) AND I have just entered the Dynamic Duos Challenge too, so thank you so much for that information! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Barbara! I love your green embossing! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun mix of embossed textures and love the sentiment panel! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week, Barbara! I love all the whoop-de-whoo's and the embossing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete